Tuesday, August 17, 2010

i officially...

have a child who talks back.

i have cherished each stage thus far...and i really mean it. even the moments of leaving the groceries behind and being THAT MOM who is pulling her child by their arm out of the store. i have tucked them away in my corners...learned from them, ached, cried, questioned myself, doubted and had days when i was not quite sure why these lives were entrusted to me because surely i was damaging them in ways that no therapy plan could treat.

but i am prepared to say something that in essence makes all those last words a bit cheaper because i think that this most recent stage is about to bring out a side of me that my son has not been introduced to yet. the side that tilts my head downward and lifts my eyes from behind my glasses. the side that is left speechless and the side that realizes being dumbfounded shows him weakness so my default will be "go to your room"...really? are we here? the same little boy who takes my order and makes apple bundt cake made out of everything from cardboard to rocks to baseball bats is the same little boy who is becoming quite quick to repeat what i say in a rather nasty tone.

oh sweet little hudson...i am trying to do the very best i can.
so i take a deep, deep breath.... and know that this to, will be tucked in the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment